NEW: The first version (0.95) of HaplinGUI is now available under "Installation"
Haplin is a free software library written for the purpose of genetic association analyses of case-parent triad (trio) data and/or case-control data in candidate genes or a full GWAS. Haplin is implemented in the free statistical software R.
Haplin has its own web page here.
HaplinGUI is a graphical user interface to Haplin, which incorporates much of Haplin's functionality. HaplinGUI requires a separate installation, described under the Installation tab
* Figure created in HaplinGUI using ProtovisSome of the main features of Haplin are:
- Analyses of the case-parent triad design, the case-control design, and "hybrid" designs using combinations of case-parent triads and control-parent triads.
- Optimal use of designs with missing genotypic data, for instance a single SNP has not been typed for some individuals, or when the case father has not been genotyped at all, or when the control parents are not available.
- Estimation is based on haplotypes, for instance SNP haplotypes, even though phase is not known from the genetic data.
- Estimation of relative risk (RR) associated with each haplotype, not only significance testing.
- Optional estimation of effects of maternal haplotypes, particularly relevant in perinatal epidemiology.
- Estimation of RRs, haplotypes etc. also on the X chromosome, with models including dose-response and X-inactivation.
- Support for GWAS data and parallel processing.